Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Sentimental Moment.

Since it got warm, there have been lots of days where we head to backyard to play, snack, and swim. On really warms days, the garden hose makes its way out. Casey loves it. He loves to splash and drink the water. The hose is great entertainment. I'm all about it. Making these kind of memories with Casey is one reason that leaving this house gets me a little bit sentimental. Time for a list.
Things I am going to miss about Natchitoches:
- The deck
- The nursery
- the cloud decals
- Master bathroom
- Gardeners!
- Memories of Casey's firsts all over the house
- The mature rose bushes and boatloads of roses
- New appliances in the kitchen
- All our completed DIYs (deck makeover/kitchen makeover)
- The blooming Jasmin in April
- The street name. No really, I loved Natchitoches
- Jays says he will miss the garage and his barista friend at the Alberstons who gives him discounts
And while I feel sentimental about packing up and moving on, the excitement I feel is much greater. I know both Jay and I were feeling a little bit stifled by being in a rental. We want to get our hands dirty and make our mark. Create a home of our own. Days away from doing just that.
This is one of my favorite things that Casey does. He will pause and just stare straight up at the trees or sky. The fact that he doesn't have a neck just kills me with cuteness. This kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment