Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The house is warming.

A couple of weeks ago, Jay's parents moved into a house that they had recently renovated. There was some leftover carpet from their renovation and the carpet guy offered it at a discounted price because it was a remnant. 
Even at a discounted price, Jay and I couldn't afford to buy the remnant piece nor could we afford to pay for the labor to have it installed. And that's where Jayson's family stepped in. They offered to buy it and pay for the labor. How generous! We are very thankful!
So this means new carpet went in TODAY on Verde Street. An unexpected addition to our home and a definite step up from what we had [especially the carpet pad-so squishy on the feet!] Don't you just love it when stuff gets done! 
On top of this gift, Grandpa Swen stayed to monitor the whole time while the carpet was being installed. I stopped by with Case this afternoon. As I drove up, there was Grandpa, sitting out front in a camp chair eating some In-N-Out. I asked him how it was going and he said,"Well. It's going alright for the one guy doing all the work. I go in and check on him periodically." 

I bet you do Grandpa, I bet you do.

And then he tried to feed Casey some french fries. Which I put a stop to. I mean, the kid isn't even one. He doesn't need to know about french fries for awhile longer. Cause once you start, you can't stop. 

The install turned about great. And I am just so thankful. Thankful to have something new and clean when we have so much old and dirty. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Grandpa. What a nut! Who knows what would have happened without his constant watch?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The french fries kill me! Haha...Ally!! Carpet!!? That's AMAZING. It looks awesome bo bosome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the carpet! Glad to see grandpa is still a riot! See you all this week!

    ReplyDelete