Monday, April 6, 2015

Key day

Verde Street closed on April 3rd. We had done our final walk though the day before, singed off on the completion of our list of repairs, and we were ready! 
Ready to have the house as our. Only one thing was standing in our way: the new title in our name had to be recorder with the Kern County Recorder's Office.
Luckily, we have an 'in'. I called Shelbey[she works at the Recorder's office] Friday morning and asked her if it was there. No deed in our name. I told her to check every hour on the hour. I really did. I am THAT demanding. 

I patiently waited 3 hours to call her back at noon to check again. No answer. Called several more times before 1 o'clock when I know she goes to lunch. No answer. Why must you torment me Sister?! Answer your phone! 

Called again at two. She checks. The deed is still not recorded in our name. I must have sounded a little crazed because she says,"You and Jay are both about to lose it." I guess he had been texting her throughout the day checking on the status as well. At one point, Shelbey told him it was unlikely to be recorded this late in the day and he responded with,"But who will pick up the pieces of my shambled life?"
Okay, so we both WERE a little crazed. First time homebuyers, man. 

As I am on the phone with her, I asked her to refresh. Maybe it is there?! And guess what. 

It WAS. 
We had a deed recorded in OUR NAME. How crazy is that? Aren't we still 18? Who let us do this?? Whose baby is that? I am clearly not old enough to buy a house, to have a baby and a husband. Life is crazy like that.
Our realtor came and dropped off the keys. Our keys. As soon as Jay got home, we went straight over there. People came and saw it. We gave tours. It was great.

I always felt like this was meant to be our house. The night we pulled up to it, I said that I had a good feeling about it. And at the time, every house kept getting taken away from us...Remember that? We were interested in 3 other houses and the day before we went to see them, they were taken off the market. How weird is that? Houses kept getting taken away leaving only THIS house. See, meant to be. And now, with keys in our hand, it is ours. Beyond blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment