Tuesday, March 31, 2015

House Update

Throughout this process, Jay and I have tried hard to seek what God wants for us. I chose a word to focus on when we were looking at houses, making an offer and other decisions that are house related : LEAD. 

We prayed hard that God would lead us to the right house. And when we found one we loved, we prayed. And when we offered and got it, we thought, surely we are done. 

And then there were some termite issues. There was about $3000 worth of work that needed to be done. And to be clear, we do not have $3000 left. And when we heard that the seller did not want to pay for all the work[he would only pay half], we were upset. Why would we get our hopes up if this wasn't the house for us? God, don't you know that I already started a blog with the name 'Verde' in the title? It was a sure thing. We knew that. God should make it happen. At that point, I knew I needed to pause. We knew we needed to be open to what God was telling us. What is to be patient? Was it to move on? Was this not the house for us?

Last weekend, we just waited. And waited. And talked about our waiting. And texted each other, "Have you heard from the realtor?" We had made our decision that we would not put anymore money forward. And so we waited. And if we lost the house over $1500, we would be fine. God had other plans. I thought a lot about the house last weekend. It made me realize I am accustomed to things going my way. And if things did not go my way with this house, I felt okay. I was fine.

And in the end, we heard yesterday that the seller is going to pay for all the repairs. And we are moving forward. However, without last weekend's waiting, I probably would not have done the amount of self evaluation that I did. Thanking God for patience, self awareness, and humility. Extra thankfulness for the house. Our house. So excited.
One of the few iPhone photos I have of the inside of Verde Street!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. The picture, obviously, but the journey and lesson more. I'm so glad you are logging these memories... It will be so amazing to look back at the Lord's faithfulness. And all repairs paid for!!!!! Wow wow wow. Gosh I love the glimpses I'm getting of Verde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh life! But oh how great the God we serve is. He cares about the details of our lives.

    ReplyDelete