Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dinner honoring Nolan!

There is nothing better than time shared with the ones you love. That's real, people.

I want to share photos from the dinner we had honoring Meghan's 3rd baby boy, Nolan. The dinner was held in Oleander + Palm's Downtown Studio in Bakersfield. The studio was an awesome location! It is a small, white space - perfect for a small group. There are great big windows and it has that downtown vibe. Totally fun. And since my of my house is packed away in boxes waiting for the big move, the studio was a lifesaver! A big thanks to Jeran for being flexible and open-minded and sharing your awesome space.
To help the girls find the studio, I made this coordinating sign[that matches the print I made for Meg and guests] that I taped downstairs in the lobby of  the O+P Studios. 
Here is the print! For the dishes and materials I used for the dinner, we went with the real stuff. I borrowed some dishes and silverware from a friend, but those dessert plates you see there are the ones I found thrifting a couple of weeks ago. Although it was more work to lug all of those dishes up three flights of stairs, real glassware and dishes add so much to a dinner. [And I saved money by not buying disposable.]

Thankfully, Spring in Bakersfield does not disappoint in the garden! All of the flowers were cut from my own garden! Definitely another money saver! I like to add rosemary to my flower arrangements. Works as a great filler if you are low on flowers or are doing small arrangements. The buntings I made looked perfectly simple over the big downtown windows.
The menu for Meg's dinner:
- Caprese skewers.
- Cheese/Walnut spread on crusty bread
- Summer salad with Dijon/Honey White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Homemade Mac + Cheese
- Strawberry Shortcakes

The menu was a collaborative effort. Thanks girls for helping out!

I don't think there was a low point. Lots of laughs, great conversation, tears shed. Life is so busy with kids that these moments seem even more special. Meg, I hope this dinner encouraged you and reminded you just how loved you are. Motherhood is hard. Life is hard. We support you. We love you. Now c'mon baby!

2 comments:

  1. I have the bestest friends. And now we're mom friends!! Haha. This night could not have been more lovelier... Except if Katie didn't crash her car. Such a treat, such a memory. I can't wait to tell Nolan all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I want more of that Mac and Cheese....Mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete