Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Tuesday Treasure.

There is nothing like wandering around a thrift store looking at old stuff. Am I right? 
I have enjoyed it since my early teen years. Mostly because it is a sort of relaxing, mindless activity. You never go thrifting with the intention to find a specific item. That would be crazy. No, you wander the shelves until a treasure stands out to you. Another reason I love thrifting is because you can find a steal of a deal!

This week, I have a small dinner coming up for my friend Meghan's 3rd baby boy! While preparing for the event, another friend showed me these gorgeous crystal water glasses that she was going to lend me. They were my inspiration for the dish selection for the dinner.

Then, last Saturday, I went into Ryan's Rust. Found these beautiful crystal dessert plates and little bowls, and let me tell you, they were a steal of a deal! If you are a Bakersfield Local, I totally recommend Ryan's Rust on Kimber Ave. The family who owns it is super nice and helpful. We go in there often to look for a dresser that Jay wants to re-purpose as a vanity in the master bath on Verde Street. Still keeping our eyes open.


001 005 004
All of these for $12. I was immediately drawn to them because they remind me of Granmom's crystal that I inherited. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh those are so cute! They do look like Granmom's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to see them in person at the event on Wednesday! Thanks for my first comment!

    ReplyDelete