Saturday, March 21, 2015

Potted Jade

013
I have many people in my life who say they aren't plant people. They say they kill everything they touch. If you are one of those people, I recommend Jade. It is a succulent type plant and is very hardy. 

When Jay's aunt moved 2 years about, her Jade plant lost some stems. She gave those stems to me. I left them soaking in a Tupperware of water for far too long and forgot about them when I went on vacation. While I was on vacation, I asked my Mom to plant the stems. She found an old pot, stuck them in the dirt, and there you have it. The Jade took off. 
 Since we are moving, I decided it was time to reassess my potted plants.

This Jade plant is in a pot that is rapidly decaying. I decided to add a little gold spray paint to the bottom half of the pot to liven it up and also, in hopes that the spray paint might protect it a bit. We are on a budget here, people! 
020
I used blue painters tape to make a line (and I didn't even check if it was straight). Added the spray paint. I think this pot is a little more dressed up for the new house.  Super easy, 20 minute project that made me appreciate the Jade all the move. 

Back to packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment