Thursday, October 8, 2015

Canada Trip 2015

How I miss it already!

Our trip to Canada was simply the best. I LOVED Canmore. Loved the mountains and the little town and Tim Horton's and doing nothing and just being together. People asked us over and over why we were going. Here is the answer: I have always wanted to go to Banff and we got the chance to use a timeshare in Canmore so we went. We saved and planned and made it happen. I highly recommend just making things happen.

We did all of the touristy things. Lake Louise. The gondola. Banff. And then none of the touristy things. Went on long walks and hiked and barbecued. 
Casey was 15 months on our trip and traveling with him went better than I expected. He is busy but we went prepared with new toys and lots of snacks. He slept on the way there and back for about and hour. 



One of our first days we went on a walk to Quarry Lake. It was beautiful. And quiet. This was sone of our favorite days because we felt like it was just us. Banff was super touristy and busy. But we like how it felt to just be us taking in a new place.
And we saw a deer! Which ended up being the only wildlife we saw [other than a bunny rabbit in the parking lot of a gas station].






We had a lot of time just relaxing around the condo with Case. Which really, who could ask for more. He is simply the most fun.
Downtown Canmore was great. Lots of places to eat and shop and it wasn't quite as crowded as Banff. The mountains surrounding Banff are amazing... But the Three Sisters doesn't disappoint. There was great photography material everywhere. In fact, I barely used my digital camera. My Ricoh was my best friend on this trip.
While we were there, Canmore started to see some early signs of Fall. I did not want to leave. 

This trip definitely deserves it's own photo album, which I will be putting together with all my film photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment